VOLUNTEERING IN CAMBODIA
Join us and live an amazing experience with cambodian children.
The experience you can do with us in Cambodia will have a big impact on your life. You will spend intense moments with the children, doing educational activities, manual construction and maintenance works.
We will work together on the current projects, developing new ideas and working together to provide a better future for our children.
We need motivated enthusiastic peoplee, able above all to understand exactly what we do and to respect the balances created with so much hard work and sacrifice.
We want to manage the future of the Viva La Vida Cultural Center in the best possible way and the presence of volunteers who have the ability to adopt a professional attitude towards all the children who attend our center every day is fundamental.
What you can do
We started building the center in October 2017 and we have completed the work and officially started the activities in July 2018.
In the Viva la Vida Cultural Center you can help our Cambodian employees to follow the activities of the children but the main mission of the volunteers is to teach English to the small children of our Kindergarten and do many different activities with them :sports, show them about hygiene habits... and develop our recycling workshops in the sart cambodia laboratory!
Every day there are maintenance and cleaning works that need to be done in the center and volunteers are expected to have initiative about it. Everyone has the chance to propose new ideas according to the philosophy of the project, that we can discuss together.
You can also help us with social media by getting to know our project, organizing fundraisers and studying new systems to finance this reality. We must tell the world what we are doing with the hope of receiving support and with the aim of inspiring others to carry out projects of this kind for unfortunate children and adults!
How to participate
We promote an 'easy & friendly' atmosphere, with the aim of making your stay special and unforgettable.
If you come to volunteer with Viva La Vida, you will see with your own eyes what we do and you will understand how you can contribute to the ongoing projects.
In our center, located 12 km from the city, we renovated a traditional Khmer house where our volunteers sleep, eat, share intense moments with children and completely immerse themselves in the authentic local culture.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
- In our center we need 4 volunteers.
- The minimum stay is 3 weeks but we prefer people who can stay as long as possible, to live the experience to the maximum, to manage the activities in the best possible way and above all for the good of the children
- The required daily contribution is 7 euros and includes accommodation, 3 meals a day and water. Your contribution will be used to cover the fixed costs of the center such as electricity, water, food, salary of local workers, rent of the land, purchase of material to carry out the workshops, for the maintenance of the house and to assist the children that we support officially.
- For stays of more than 3 months and if you are able to develop some activities regarding management of the project, we can help you with the expenses of the stay. Contact us for more info!
- Although we do our best to ensure the best possible situation for our volunteers, be aware that the living conditions within our village are very different from those in the western world. We live in the Cambodian countryside, where there are many insects and animals, there is no hot water and hygienic conditions can be precarious.
- Read the conditions of stay and then fill out the form at the bottom of the page to make your request.
If you read everything and you are ready to live this adventure with us, fill out our application form and we will answer you as soon as possible: